This Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Bark is a quick and simple patriotic dessert, perfect for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day.
This post contains affiliate links.
I love using red, white, and blue recipes over the summer and during patriotic holidays. With so many recipes in the works for a cookout or BBQ, something fast and simple is perfect. Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Bark brings the festive color and flair to any grilling or summer party.
Now because this bark is made completely with candy melts instead of chocolate, it is very sweet. So a little goes a long way! You could substitute white chocolate for the white candy melts if preferred. Get red candy melts here, white candy melts here, and blue candy melts here. You can also find these at your local craft store. I recommend the bright white candy melts as regular white can look a little yellow. I also use the dark blue candy melts instead of the regular, lighter blue.
To make the Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Bark, get all of your ingredients ready as you will need to move quickly in assembly! Melt the candy melts as per package directions. Try to do them at the same time so they are all ready at the same time by putting multiple bowls in the microwave at once. When the candy is melted, spoon each color onto a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Alternate the color placement of each color. Then swirl the colors together as much or as little as desired. Immediately top the candy melts with the sprinkles. Let the bark set until hardened. Then break the bark into smaller pieces for serving. That’s it!
Find more recipe inspiration at Kim’s primary blog, Three Olives Branch
Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Bark
- 6 ounces red candy melts
- 12 ounces white candy melts
- 6 ounces blue candy melts
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Have all of your sprinkles ready. Lay out a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper to make the bark on.
- Heat the candy melts, each color in separate bowls, as per package directions. Heat them at the same time as much as possible so one does not get hard while waiting for others to melt.
- When the candy melts are melted, spoon each color in alternating spots on the silicone baking mat. Continue until all of the candy is used, not leaving any gaps.
- Use a knife or spatula to swirl the colors together as much or as little as desired.
- Immediately top the candy with sprinkles as desired.
- Let sit until the candy has hardened. Break the bark into pieces.