I have always loved Toy Story and so I was excited about my nephew wanting to have his second birthday be all about Toy Story! For the party, I made Toy Story Alien Cups for the drink station.
This post contains affiliate links.
Learning How to Make Toy Story Alien Cups is rather simple! All you need is a glue gun, lime green cups, and some google eyes. The cups are a cute and unexpected decoration that will be quick and easy to make! I love thinking of little details like this to pull a party theme together beyond traditional decorations. You can also get the alien figurines that you see in the photo here! They were the perfect finishing touch for the alien cup drink station. You can get the Buzz plates here and the alien napkins here!
- 9 ounce lime green paper cups (or you can use plastic cups)
- 12 mm Googly eyes(if you use the larger plastic cups, you will want to use 15 or 18 mm eyes instead)
- Hot glue gun
The nice thing is how easy and quick these cups are! Get some lime green cups and use a hot glue gun to attach three googly eyes at the rim to look like the eyes of the toy aliens. You could also attach them to the bottom of the cups if you prefer. You also have the option of buying self-adhesive googly eyes if you don’t want to use a hot glue gun, though since the cups are rounded, I’m not sure how well they would stick depending on their size! Let the glue dry completely and then get rid of any glue strands that may be hanging out on the cups.
You could also make other versions of cups, such as clouds to represent Andy’s wallpaper or Buzz’s front buttons on his chest. If you use paper for decorating, they are more prone to tearing or getting damaged from liquids. And paint or markers might wear off on hands. I chose to stick with the alien cups because they were easy, but also would not be ruined by people holding them.
How to Make Toy Story Alien Cups
- hot glue gun
- 12 lime green plastic cups (9 ounce cups)
- 36 googly eyes (12mm eyes)
- Heat up your glue gun if using.
- Decide how high or low on each cup you want to place the eyes.
- Glue three eyes, all in a row and touching, at the level you want them on each cup. Do this by squeezing a very small amount of hot glue onto the cup where you want each eye and then firmly press the eye onto the glue until it stays in place, which should take just a second. Repeat with the other two eyes.
- Repeat on all cups.
- Once the glue is dry, you can stack the cups inside of each other.